Salmon dishes are always a hit, especially in the summer. The flaky texture and savory taste of salmon pairs well with summer vegetables and salads. We have rounded up a few of our favorites for you to try at home this season.
15-Minute Grilled Salmon
- 1/2 pound grilled or canned salmon
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups toasted pine nuts or roasted chickpeas
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 to 15 black or green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups assorted salad greens, trimmed, washed, and dried
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- Juice of 1 large lemon, (or more to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Drain the canned salmon or grill the salmon. If grilling salmon, you can follow the 15-minute grilled salmon recipe above. After the salmon is cooked, cut it into bite-sized pieces and let it cool before tossing it in the salad.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients.
- Place the assorted salad greens into a large bowl. Add bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, olives, and toasted pine nuts or roasted chickpeas. Then toss together.
- Place salmon on top and drizzle with dressing.
Let us know in the comments which summer salmon recipe is your favorite!